Click here for web-video clips showing how to use easy-Speak

Help Wanted
Set of lights needed
by CelineVPE on 06 Mar 11, 15:25

View or add requests

Help with easy-Speak translation

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Test Discussion Index  » How do I....?
rwbf

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2014-01-26, 21:19

Post Post subject Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 18 Mar 15, 03:53    Reply with quote

When we are ready to go live with the translated languages on the production systems, below is the text that I propose we put in an announcement forum post in the "How do I ...." forum.

Subject: Help with easy-Speak translation

Do you notice something that is not translated correctly into your native language? Do you notice something that is not yet translated from English?

You can help improve the translation by creating a new topic (or posting a reply to an existing topic as appropriate) in the appropriate forum for your language:

1. Go to the easy-Speak Discussion Index: Help Options > Discussion Forum
  2. Scroll down to the applicable translation forum, under the "Use of this application" section, for example "Translation - French"
  3. Review the announcement and sticky posts in the forum to make sure you are contributing appropriately
  4. Create a new topic (or post a reply to an existing topic)

Be sure to include enough context so that the editors will be able to locate the text to be translated, such as the URL of the web page, the actual text that you believe needs to be changed, and perhaps a screen shot of the part of the web page where the text appears. As you are a native speaker, please specify the text that you believe you should be seeing.

Become an editor

If you would like to help out even further by becoming part of the editing team, you can post a reply topic to the "Become an editor" sticky forum post in the appropriate language forum. The moderator for that language forum will then contact you about your offer.

Editors work on a separate test system using a separate user account on that system. The tools used to find, change, and verify the text to be translated have evolved over time and will be most comfortably used by people who have worked with and have patience for a software development system.

Request support for another language

Is the language that you would like to see not in the list of supported languages?

The first step to getting a new language supported in easy-Speak is to have available from Toastmasters International at least the Competent Communication manual translated into the target language. If this is not the case, then contact Toastmasters International to find out how this can be done.

The next step is to be willing to step into a leadership role and take the time and effort to help create a team that will work on the translation into your desired target language. If you are willing to do this, please create a reply post to this forum post indicating which langauge you are willing to lead the translation effort for and a site administrator will get back to you with the next step to take.

Thank you for contributing to the enhancement of the language translations of easy-Speak!

Last edited by rwbf on 21 Apr 15, 04:27; edited 5 times in total

malw

Developer

Joined Date: 2009-09-01, 20:17

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 18 Mar 15, 12:28    Reply with quote

Agreed, we should also delete the groups set up for translation on e-S and tmclub.eu

The language options drop-down for 'Help with e-S translation" will point to a posting that is installation specific so that's covered with the regular logon id and lead them to your lead sticky

rwbf

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2014-01-26, 21:19

Post Post subject Re: Help with easy-Speak translation   Posted 19 Mar 15, 02:34    Reply with quote

I am assuming that you are referring to the usergroup "Translation team - US English" on easy-Speak.org? I see no other group that would need to be deleted.

Bobby

Printer-friendly version
easy-Test Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to