View or add requests

Old post on tmclub.eu: Glossary of TM terms EN-ES

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
easy-Test Discussion Index  » Translation Teams
rwbf

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2014-01-26, 21:19

Post Post subject Old post on tmclub.eu: Glossary of TM terms EN-ES   Posted 21 Apr 15, 05:00    Reply with quote

The information below is taken from the obsolete forum "Easy Speak Translation Team" that was on the www.tmclub.eu installation and placed here for historical information.

The original post was created by paurey, on 2013-11-20. 

Hello toastmasters, if anyone would like to make some use of it, I did a glossary of TM terms, used during meetings or evaluations. This is for the moment in English and Spanish. 

If you let me know your email I can share it with you. 

Pau

rwbf

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2014-01-26, 21:19

Post Post subject Re: Old post on tmclub.eu: Glossary of TM terms EN-ES   Posted 21 Apr 15, 05:03    Reply with quote

The information below is a consolidation of all of the replys to the forum post that was on the www.tmclub.eu installation.

======= Post by BillM on 2013-11-21

Hi Pau,

I think we all can see that a standardized glossary is necessary for each language.  However any glossary will need to be approved by a group of Toastmasters and including the TI headoffice.  Ellen Hermans will know more about this process as she is already in contact with TI for the German language and she has set up a German translation team already.

What could help if you could interview Ellen and then post here what that process is so that other Toastmasters can start preparing to set up their language translation teams.  Maybe they will not be helping to translate TI manuals just yet, but if they want to have easy-Speak in their language, we anticipate to be ready to start that process after the pilot project of Italian is approved, hopefully, before February.

Our Support Team will need to recruit some longterm Toastmaster to head up this translation project as well.  I will announce a nomination process after we get a better idea of what the qualifications for this position will be.  Again, your interviewing Ellen with this in mind would help us a lot.

Cheers,
Bill

======= Post by Lauren23 on 2014-09-13

Thank you for your offering to help! Can I ask you first to contact Jerzy Andrzej Gzula, ACB ALB who is the leader of the Polish Translation group? He has a team of volunteers already working with a translation tool to translate the lines of text into Polish.

======= Post by wm-admin on 2014-09-14

Hello Lauren,

I'm Bill the System Administrator this year for the database at www.tmclub.eu.  Jerzy is at this time NOT the moderator of the Polish language translation team.  Please contact Michal Talaga if you would like an update about that project.

Bill Monsour

Printer-friendly version
easy-Test Discussion Index  » Translation Teams
Page 1 of 1

Jump to